Mixcloud is a fantastic online music streaming service that allows you to share your DJ mixes over the internet for free. Unfortunately, most WordPress social media widgets don’t yet seem to support linking to Mixcloud profiles out-of-the-box, so for the time being you might need an alternative solution.
Here is an easy way to embed your Mixcloud profile in a Widget Area of your WordPress Blog, for example in a sidebar or footer on every page:
- Log in to your WordPress Blog as an Administrator.
- Go to the Appearance/Widgets admin section.
- Choose a suitable Widget Area from those displayed down the right-hand side of the page (e.g. Main Widget Area or Secondary Widget Area). Your Widget Areas may differ depending on the WordPress Theme you are currently using.
- Drag and drop a new Text widget from the Available Widgets box into the correct location of your chosen Widget Area.
- Enter a suitable Title for the new widget. This will be displayed at the top of the new widget box, so use something like “Follow me on Mixcloud”.
- In a new browser window/tab, log in to your Mixcloud account and go to your profile page.
- Click on the Embed button.
- Adjust the available Options as required.
- Once happy with the displayed Preview, select and copy the entire contents of the HTML code box.
- Go back to your WordPress Appearance/Widgets window, and paste the HTML code into the main box of your newly created Text widget.
- Save the Text widget.
- Review your Blog and check that your Mixcloud profile is being displayed correctly in the chosen Widget Area.