For the standard WordPress “Twenty Eleven” Theme in WordPress v3.4.1, it’s very easy to remove the standard “Leave a Reply” box from a given page:
- Edit the page in question.
- Select the “Screen Options” drop-down menu from the top-right corner of the edit interface.
- Select the “Discussion” checkbox to make the Discussion options appear at the bottom of the screen, below the page editor.
- Scroll down to the “Discussion” options and uncheck both the “Allow comments” and “Allow trackbacks and pingbacks on this page” checkboxes.
- Then “Update” the page as normal.
The “Leave a Reply” box should now be gone! Now that you’ve enabled the “Discussion” options panel by default, you will easily be able to disable comments for any page by unchecking the same two options below the page content editor.
This Post Has 2 Comments
My congratulations, an excellent article. Thank you for sharing with us!
Thanks very much – I’m glad it was helpful.